The Mt. Diablo Doula Community endeavors to educate and serve women, and their families, during the childbearing years. The MDDC member honors the Doula profession and strives to build confidence in a complete and cooperative Birth Team. She perpetuates Doula sisterhood by exemplifying integrity and camaraderie within the Doula community.
The MDDC member treats her fellow Doulas, Clients and Care-Providers with respect and professionalism. She supports her fellow Doulas with active listening, offering back-up support and sharing resources. And finally, the MDDC encourages Doula volunteerism whenever possible.
Why hire a Labor Doula?
- You desire continuous physical, emotional, and informational support for yourself and your partner, whether you desire a medicated or unmedicated vaginal delivery or a planned cesarean section
- You want help in advocating your personal needs
- You feel more confident with a woman present
- You're a single mother looking for added support
- You have a partner with an unpredicatable schedule
- ACOG recently listed having a support person such as a doula as one of the most effective tools to improve labor and delivery outcomes, leading to a statistically significant decrease in cesarean sections.
Why hire a Postpartum Doula?
- To have expert help for you and your newborn
- You want the added support in someone well versed in postpartum recovery, breastfeeding, and newborn care
- You have an older child and need added support when you come home
- You are a single mom and want added support
- You are having multiple children and need an extra pair of helping hands
- You don't have any relatives in the area to help you