Birth and Postpartum Doulas seeking to become MDDC members must first attend three meetings as provisional members, including one Board Meeting, and complete an interest survey. Formal doula training and/or apprenticeship experience is preferred.
Provisional members have the following priviledges:
- Opportunity to attend MDDC Member (inquire for current schedule)
- Educational opportunities
Provisional members are not eligible to attend Meet the Doula nights until they are full members in good standing
- Pay annual dues ($50 per calendar year [no refunds])
- Sign the MDDC Scope of Practice annually
- Attend at least 1 meeting every 3 months.**
**Failure to attend meetings will result in being deleted from list and website. Under this circumstance, membership will need to be reinstated.
- Listing on the MDDC website (updated quarterly)
- Listing on the MDDC Contact Sheet which is handed out at Meet the Doula Night, send in mailers, or distributed at any events MDDC attends as a group (updately quarterly)
- Opportunity to attend monthly Meet the Doula Nights and other MDDC sponsored events (inquire about current schedule and any limitations)
- Opportunity to attend the monthly Doula Meetings (inquire about current schedule)
- Educational opportunities
- Opportunity to present and participate in the Peer Review process. Peer review is a process in which doulas present accounts of specific birth histories and outcomes to a group of peers for consideration and feedback. It is an important tool for accountability among doulas, problem solving, continuing education, and professional peer support. It is a tool for improving the quality of support doulas provide, in a stable non-judgmental environment; it is not a disciplinary one. Peer review is confidential in order to protect the privacy of the birthing woman and her family and to promote open communication and trust among doulas.)
- Free access to the Birthing Babies ~ MDDC Mentor Group
- Discounts on Harmony Doula Advanced Training Workshops
- Access to our private MDDC Facebook Group
- If you have ever been a member of MDDC, you can rejoin after attending 2 meetings over one or two (consecutive) quarters in the same year.
- Please remember that the website & the list is updated once per quarter.
Affiliate members are required to:
- $50 per calendar year (no refunds).
- MDDC Doula Members pay a discounted annual fee is $25.
Affiliate members have the follow priviledges:
- Opportunity to attend MDDC member meeting
- Listing on Affiliate Page of the MDDC website
- Receive Referrals from members
To renew your membership or become a member, please contact the Membership Director.
To become an affiliate member, please contact the Affiliates Director.
The Mt. Diablo Doula Community meets quarterly for a Group Peer Review. This is a Members Only event. If you are a current member of the MDDC, and would like to discuss a case-study with the group at our next Peer Review, please complete Peer Review Application Form below
Please be very brief in your responses to the questions. This form will be submitted to the Leader of our Peer Review process. After discussion with the Leadership of the MDDC, you will be contacted for more information should your case-study be chosen for discussion.
If you have any questions, please contact Teri Nava-Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.